Dropbox is a file hosting service operator developed by Dropbox, Inc. which was initially released on September 2008 headquarters in San Francisco, California. Dropbox was developed by two MIT students Drew Houston and Arash Ferdowsi. User using Dropbox are access to create a special folder on their computer which synchronizes it so that it appears to be the same folder. Dropbox is operated with the following systems such as Microsoft Windows, OS X, Linux, iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Symbian, Blackberry OS, MeeGo Harmattan. This service is available in 17 languages.
There are lots of Dropbox compatible apps that helps in organizing and sending files, documents, create websites and many more and most of the services are nearly free to use.
9 Useful Dropbox Compatible Apps
- Dropbox Automator:- Once need to drag the file and drop it into predefined folder in the dropbox ant it converts the files and sync to the destined place as per your wish like Evernote, Facebook, Flickr and other web service providers.
- Move: – Move your files automatically between an online services like; Dropbox to Box to Google Drive to SkyDrive. With this process you are able to handle it and keep the history regarding this. You are also access to back up your files while reducing your data, how it is being transferred and where it is being transferred.
- Dropbox Folder Sync: – This app is simple and easy to use. Dropbox users are allowed to sync folders outside of their Dropbox folders.
- Scriptogr.am:- It is used to generate a weblogs Dropbox folder, by reading Markdown files stored in the Dropbox. Through this app user can publish their written editor app from Sciptogr.am dashboard or may be from the writing environment.
- MacDropAny: – This app is refereed as a simple way to sync the folder on Mac with Dropbox or Box.com or Google Drive or iClouDrive or Microsoft SkyDrive.
- DROPitTome: – With this app Dropbox user can receive the files from other users safely. You just need to protect upload address with password. You can receive email notification whenever new file is uploaded or you can turn off it if you don’t want to receive any files.
- Site44:– This app helps to turn your Dropbox folder into websites. What you just need to do it, you need to start a site and Site44 helps you to create a folder for the website in your Dropbox account. If you modify the contents of folder, the changes will live automatically.
- JotForm: – It is free form builder which enables its user 100 submissions per month in its use, with free account.
- Dropbixifier: – Dropboxifier is helpful app that helps user to save their shared application between computers. It saves the folder simplifying the folders to Dropbox and creating symbolic links.
Some of other compatible apps are as given below:-
- Gimme Bar
- Send to Dropbox
- Dropbox Encore
- URL Droplet