There are many file hosting services available in today’s world. Among them Dropbox is known to be most popular service. This Dropbox cloud storage service was founded on 2008 by MIT students Drew Houston and Arash Fersowsi. You can download the Dropbox desktop app or from any play store to get access to cloud storage its other features. The application can be downloaded from the web page https://www.dropbox.com/downloading. After you install it in your desktop, the Dropbox folder will be created in your device. The folder is used to store your files and can be accessed through Dropbox website or Dropbox applications from anywhere.
You can create a free Dropbox account from the website www.dropbox.com. In the free service of the program, you are provided with 2 GB free space. However, you can also buy premium subscription to get more space, and extra features. Followings are the two premium subscription offered by Dropbox, explained briefly.
Dropbox Cloud Storage Premium Subscription Offers
You can buy it for $9.99 per month. In this service. Followings are some of the features listed under this subscription.
- You are provided with 1 TB storage space.
- You can create a password to the shared links and also set an expiry dates for the shared files.
- You have the facility to restore the deleted files.
Dropbox for Business
The service is mostly used in Business organization. The service is available for $15 per month. Followings are some of the features offered in the service.
- The product offers 1 TB free space. You can apply for more storage space than 1 TB if you need.
- You can share various files with the staffs to work on it together.
- You can decide which files are accessible to which members. You can also decide who can only view and who can edit the shared files.
- You can add and remove the members in the shared folder.
Dropbox is one of the most used cloud storage service with around 300 million active users from all over the world. You can easily store, access and share the files in Dropbox.
Dropbox is a file hosting service that provides users the facility to store various data and files. The files then can be accessed by various devices using Dropbox website or Dropbox application. It was founded by MIT students Drew Houston and Arash Fersowsi. Dropbox Photos will help you to backup and manage all your photos on a single place.
After uploading the photos in Dropbox, you can share it with your friends and families. Follow the procedure below to share the photos from Dropbox.
Steps to Share Dropbox Photos
- Open the Dropbox website and Sign In in to your Dropbox account.
- Now, open “Photos”.
- Select the photos that you want to share with others.
- At the top right side of the page, the option “Share photos” or “Share files” is provided. Click on that button. OR, you can right click on the selected item and select click from there.
- At last, enter the email address or name of the person that you want to share your photos with. Then, click on “Send”.
- You can also share by providing the link to the photos. For this, click on “Get Link” and copy paste it to the receiver address.
Steps to Share Dropbox Photos Album
Dropbox, also offers the service to create the different photo album and share it with your friends or families. Follow the procedure below to create photo album in Dropbox.
- Open the Dropbox website and Sign In in to your account.
- Now, open “Photos”.
- Select the photos that you want to make album of.
- Click on the icon “(…)” and select “Add to album”.
- Then, click on “Create new album” and give the name to the new album.
- After creating the new album, you can share the individual photos from it as well as you can share whole album at once.
- Then you can follow the above steps to share your photos album.
From June 14, 2013, Dropbox has removed “Photo folder” from it. However, you can create it if you want to. It now provides “Photos page”, which performs the same function as “Photo folder” used to perform. You will need to sign in into Dropbox first to use the service.